In a fitting finale to its 25th Anniversary Season, Sun Life Stadium celebrated the New Year with more than 100,000 visitors and yet another exciting championship game. Now, it’s time to set our sights on the future of world-class events in Miami-Dade. Miami-Dade County is officially “on the clock” for the 50th Anniversary Super Bowl, future college championship games, and the 2019 Pan-Am Games. In order to keep our community competitive, I stand ready to invest in Miami-Dade and modernize Sun Life Stadium, doing so with respect for my fellow citizens and adherence to the following principles:
- We Promise To Approach This Partnership Differently. We are willing to invest more, pledge more, and return more to the community and to our fans.
- Private Funds Will Pay For The Majority Of Stadium Construction Costs. We guarantee that private investment will cover the majority of the costs, including possible overruns, associated with improving Sun Life Stadium.
- No Tax Increase For Miami-Dade Residents. Any request for a public investment will NOT include a request for taxes on residents of Miami-Dade.
- Local Jobs. We will create thousands of local jobs by hiring contractors, subcontractors, and vendors from Miami-Dade County.
- World-Class Facility. Miami-Dade deserves a first-class facility and a strong home-field advantage. We will improve sight lines, move seats closer to the field, install HD lighting, and make Sun Life Stadium an electric environment for the Dolphins, Hurricanes, and international soccer.
- Securing The Future Of The Franchise. For 47 seasons, the Dolphins have been a Miami tradition. We will commit to play at a modernized Sun Life Stadium through at least 2034.
Sun Life Stadium will not only be a more exciting, comfortable, and entertaining facility for the hundreds of thousands of fans who enjoy Dolphins, Hurricanes, and Orange Bowl games, it will also offer Miami-Dade a valuable asset that can compete for elite events, create jobs, generate revenue for local businesses, and ensure that the world keeps its eyes on us.
Together, we can inspire a better future for Miami-Dade…the right way.
Owner, Miami Dolphins